11 January 2011

Requested Drabbles (Part 2)

Warnings: Not edited at all and rather crack-tastic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3- Harry meets Kakashi (from Romantiscue)
Harry browsed through the various shelves looking for a helpful book of some sort. He idly picked up a book on herbs when the bell at the storefront rang.
There was some shuffling and a vague greeting from the storeowner. “Ohh, back again?”
“Nothing can keep me away. Oh that back looks familiar. Harii?”
That voice is familiar… Harry turned around, “Hello Kakashi-sen…” He paused and stared at the space behind Kakashi. With a startled yelp he fell back and looked away from Kakashi.
“Harii? Is something wrong?” Kakashi walked towards Harry.
“Don’t come any closer!” Harry looked up only to turn away with a cringe.
“But…”
“You know there’s nothing I can do to help.” Harry angled his way towards the shop entrance. “You’ve never left that place before… how are you able to move?”
“What? I don’t understand. Harii,” Kakashi said sounding worried.
“Leave me alone.” Harry yelled. He ran out of the store, through crowded streets and in to a deserted alleyway.
“You weren’t scared enough.”
Harry looked up and frowned. “Really?”
The boy shook his head and jumped to stand beside Harry. “It doesn’t really matter. Right now, we have to wait for Naruto to come and confront you about the way you acted. Then we move of to phase two.”
Harry scratched the back of his neck. “No, going to phase two so soon… it’ll mess things up. I need to spend some more time acting terrified out of my mind when I see Kakashi. Need to establish more credibility.”
They walked in silence for a few minutes.
“I think the next time you see him, you should mutter a Buddhist exorcism chant…”
Harry grimaced. “What good would that do?”
“It’ll hint that you’re seeing a ghost.”
Harry frowned.
Itachi sighed and rolled his eyes. "Just trust me. The incantation is Rin, pyou, tou…”
“Ugh, I’m not going to remember that,” Harry said in despair.
“Then write it down on your hand and pretend you’re praying when you see him. That’ll allow you to read it.”
“That could work,” Harry said. “Now, tell me. What did you find out about Kakashi’s …”
X-X-X-X-X
“Looks like those two are at it again,” Tsunade said as she stared in to the gleaming crystal ball.
Shizune looked up from the scroll she was reading. “Oh, what is it this time?”
“They’re trying to exorcise Kakashi or something.” Tsunade rolled her eyes. “Idiots.”
Shizune frowned. “I wonder how many people they’ll fool this time.”
“All of them, just like always,” Tsunade said in resignation. “It’s ridiculous. Even though everyone expects them to pull something… they always manage to fool people. What does that say about our ninja force?”
Shizune shrugged. “Maybe it says that… Konoha's Uzumaki Uchiha combination is a force to be reckoned with?”
Tsunade snorted and rubbed her forehead. “I shouldn't have forced Uchiha Itachi to take sick leave.”
“You reap what you sow, Tsunade-sama.” Shizune nodded sagely.

4- Harry bumps in to Sasuke (from Pariah_author)
“Hedwig, that’s obviously not Itachi. Why are you stopping above him?”
The black haired boy in front of Harry started. “What? What did you just say?”
Is he a bit slow? Harry frowned. “I was talking to my owl.”
The boy narrowed his eyes. “You said Itachi. Why are you searching for him?”
“What are you, my mother?” Harry said.
“Just answer me, you stupid…”
A tall orange haired boy grabbed a hold of the black haired boy’s shoulder. “Ahh, Sasuke, don’t get angry at him.”
“Don’t interrupt me Juugo,” Sasuke said. “You! Tell me about your connection to Itachi.”
“There’s only one reason for you getting all bitchy because of Itachi. He stole your dango too, didn’t he?” Harry shook his head and sighed. “Ahh, I really wonder why I’m still his friend. The idiot keeps eating my stash of…”
“Friend?”
Harry nodded. “Yeah. Friends as in idiots who make you worry by doing stupid things like stealing dango from dangerous people.”
“Your friend…”  Sasuke’s face turned sour. “Itachi steals... dango.”
Harry nodded. “I guess we could search for him together. I have a feeling he’s going to do something monumentally stupid. I suppose extra help in stopping him would be useful.”
Sasuke scoffed and walked past Harry. “Waste of time. Get out of my way.”
Juugo, the orange haired boy said, “I’m sorry. He’s not…”
“Juugo, stop wasting time with that useless person. Let’s go.”
Harry stared at the pair and then turned to Hedwig. “There’s no way that rude Sasuke person likes dango. Ah, whatever, let's go find Itachi.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N Why Itachi? How are you worming your way into my writings in these ridiculous ways?

Polar
P.S. Should I format this post to have spaces between lines? Or is it easier to read the post like this?

9 comments:

  1. Heh I like the Itachi drabbles. Considering he's such a tragic character in the manga it's nice to see him having fun in your drabbles.

    Anyways looking forward to your next set of drabbles! *bounces up and down in anticipation of seeing a Ero sannin clip*

    8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pariah_authorJanuary 12, 2011

    Ah, Sasuke. Domineering and rude as always. "Waste of time." Because of course an Itachi who steals dango and has friends can't be HIS Itachi. Oh emo-boy; IF ONLY YOU KNEW! Thanks for the drabble, though now I'm even more eager for chapter 12, having gotten these little appetizers. Are you busy working on that bleach X-over you mentioned a while back? If so, hurry and finish it so I can get back to watching Harry and Naruto have awkward bonding moments.

    "You thought I was becoming a monk?"
    "Er...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. romantiscueJanuary 13, 2011

    I kind of want to know the continuation of the prank on Kakashi, just to see if it'll finally make the copy-nin twitchy. Thanks for the drabble, Itachi's and Harii's relationship is hilarious xD

    And you got Sasuke's personality down. And the way he was all 'Itachi...steals dango' and then dismissing it as another Itachi... I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

    P.S. It's fine either way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the drabble. I wondered if I had gone too out there with it.

    Haha, well I have no idea what they were planning to do to Kakashi, but I'm sure it would have made Kakashi very twitchy. At least I hope it would have. You never really know with Kakashi- he's a tricksy person himself.

    Sasuke's personality... well when I wrote that I really felt like Sasuke had absolutely no personality in there. Which I thought was rather convenient. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, glad you liked the drabble. I wondered if Sasuke came off as just a no-personality sort of person or something.

    Ahh, i wish I could finish the oneshot that's been bugging me- but alas, it's not being very co-operative at all. Trying to write chapter 12 with it distracting me is not a fun process.

    The bonding moments aren't all that awkward...much... oh who am I kidding! Pft, I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think your drabble with Jiraiya is up next- so it'll hopefully be on here by next week.

    I think my inner- Itachi fangirl has something to do with the random inclusion of him in the drabbles. And for some reason having itachi and Harry pull a prank on Jiraiya sounds real fun right now- I really must resist the urge to write that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, you don't want to wear out the joke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyway....you already wrote itachi into half the completed drabble quota so far,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn you. Now I want Itachi. Fearsome ninja-skill paired with prankster genes under a civillian face nobody suspects is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete