30 June 2011

End of June, already?

So I was happily filling in one of the many blank spots in my KHR crossover. I was even making some good progress- you know, fun dialogue (“No need to be so formal. I mean, you've already puked all over my shoes.”) and crazy ideas but then I got distracted.

And I thought- oh hey, I'll just deal with this nice interesting plot-bunny distraction for a few minutes so that I don't lose the idea.

Yeah right!

One hour later, I’m writing 4000+ words for a completely different one-shot story (HpxFairy Tail Manga out of all things).

Which wasn't too bad.

At that time, I was actually kind of happy to write so much in one go. And then I decided that was enough writing for the day. I'd planned to finish the new-story quickly since it seemed rather easy to write.

And now here I am, one week later, still struggling to end the story. Now instead of completing one of my previous stories, I have another incomplete story on my to-do list along with so many one-shots and drabbles and deleted scenes.

I'm starting to see a troubling pattern.

Either I have a serious commitment issue and I can't seen anything to it's end.

Or I'm slowly turning in to a goldfish.

Polar
P.S. The HPxNaruto section has really grown! It's nice to know people are willing to tackle a crossover story. Of course, most of them do seem to have the obligatory so-and-so ANBU go to the Hogwarts but still...there are unique stories in all that. Now if only I had the time to read through more than just summaries.

P.P.S. I've read over and edited some of the AtO's old chapters. It's amazing how many things felt repeated while other things were just not described enough. There's no new information, just improved language and a slightly decreased word-count. I wonder what'll happen when I edit the remaining chapters.

P.P.P.S. I was contemplating an attempt at the 100 theme challenge for my old "King" story- but I wonder if I'd be able to actually go through with that. 

14 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're at least writting... wish I actually knew anything about Fairy tail and KHR.  Or should I say actually had the motivation to look up and read whatever they are.

    Completely understand the goldfish issue.  I have a Naruto Timetravel I should be working on but as soon as I write a word or two my thoughts completely fork and deevolve into something like this (I wonder if I have something in my inbox... no... time to check that forum post again.... ohhh good post... I should write a reply...etc etc)  I have had entire days go like that.  I end up at the end of the day realizing exactly what I did cursing myself.  (Cough) checking your blog is one of those things (cough) Damn ADHD....

    Ironic that you would mention HP/Naruto section growing... what's been distracting me is a HP/Naruto practice story I've been joking around with... I might actually post it if I can get it to sound right.  (I hate those ones where the ninjas go to Hogwarts to protect Harry)

    As for the 100 theme challenge thing how about cutting down to a "10 theme Challenge" to start out with and just edit the title of the whole story once you hit that goal and want to go another 10? 

    Anyways Good Luck with your writting! 

    8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went and hunted down fairytail and read a bit.  *shrug* Not bad.  Kinda reminds me of One Piece for some odd reason though... maybe it's the artwork *ponders*

    ReplyDelete
  3. HeavenmidoriJuly 01, 2011

    In a short run, here are some of my favorite Naruto x Harry Potter Crossovers:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6925678/1/Sewers_of_your_mind
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6841502/1/Wild_child
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6119958/1/Sneaking_Around_Konoha (boyxboy)
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6708578/1/Among_The_Hawks_And_Doves
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4380286/1/Connections
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5646448/1/Define_Sanity
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3178045/1/Running_Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Looking in to those manga will probably just eat up more of your
    time. I can't believe how many manga I actually read sometimes- and
    worst part is they're all series that are ongoing.



    Fairy Tail has to be one of the odder mangas I follow- but I think it
    appeals to me because it reminds me of old RpG games I used to play. KHR
    on the other hand starts off as weird and then pulls you in with plot and crack-tastic humour.



    I think the internet is one of the worst enemies of a writer. There's
    just so many ways to get distracted... everything from stories to
    obscure videos.



    You're writing a HPXNaruto story? That's actually pretty awesome--
    there's so many ways to write a crossover for that section. Good luck
    with that and all your other writing as well.



    Hmm, 10 theme challenge sounds more plausible for someone like me. I'll have to see what happens in the future. Knowing me, I'll start off fine and then end up with another incomplete thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read half of those and have them on alert waiting for future updates.

    I don't read stories that concentrate on any sort of pairings and romance as the main plot- those always end up getting weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HeavenmidoriJuly 02, 2011

    I love stories without pairings but they are so hard to find. There are only a handful of stories with a pairing that aren't too terrible, one was "Two Halves" with a NaruHina pairing. Unfortunately the author took down her story but there are some reprints of it floating on ff.net. I loved it because while it was centered on the romance the build-up was slow. Other stories seem to be great in the beginning and then the author suddenly introduces the romance theme. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what's the worst: you thought you had the good fic', got hooked up on it, and suddenly it becomes all romantic gibberish...
    Though there are fics, in Harry Potter, thats are great because the love's story is wonderfully done. Not many, but they exist.
    I'd already found several of these fics, Heavenmidori, but thanks for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  8. HeavenmidoriJuly 05, 2011

    Exactly! It happens so suddenly sometimes! I'm like, "Wait, what?"

    I've collected less than 50 favorites from a few categories in my eight years at fanfiction.net:

    www.fanfiction.net/~Randoru

    ReplyDelete
  9. HeavenmidoriJuly 05, 2011

    Maybe you'll find something there that you will like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I'll go and try them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sparaxis7July 05, 2011

    Hello, it's me finally have my computer set up again here in Michigan....also a new HP-Naruto story has popped up lately
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7145519/1/Uchiha_Fukurou

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sparaxis7July 05, 2011

    esama has a lot of good ideas...look at that X-over story HP with that british miniseries "Sherlock" that I saw on netflix instant watch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saparaxis7July 05, 2011

    geez I have a lot more....over 600...I only have the account in the first place because My book marks folder was too crowded and membership let me keep track of stories I was reading without having to transfer bkmrks over and over everytime I got a new computer or reformatted or switched from the windows partition to the linux half of my desktop or updated my browser to somthing non-compatible.....well, I say I do it but its actually my husband messing with my computer while I scamper around trying to adapt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah I already read it.... check this new one out...

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7148094/1/Hell

    ReplyDelete