31 May 2015

AtO Draft Update

I'm still writing! Barring days when I'm just too bogged down with life, I've been pretty consistent with adding to the draft. If that isn't a cause for celebration, I don't know what is.

I recently passed the 85,000 word count but I'm nowhere close to the end, so I'm dreading the editing phase.

I haven't gone back to read anything draft I've written so far, because I know that I'll want to edit so much and that will stop me from writing.

The massive editing I'll need to do is the reason why I put September as the tentative date for the next AtO update.

As for how the writing has been going, well, here are some of the thoughts that go through my mind.
  1. Shikaku, go away.
  2. Oh hey Kakashi, it's been a while? Maybe I should put you in here talking and being informative... actually, you know what, I like it better when you're out of Konoha on a mission. You can take Yamato with you too. Goodbye.
  3. Shikaku, seriously you've already had enough screen time, go away.
  4. Tsunade, hey, maybe it's time to ... no? Okay then.
  5. Shikaku, what the heck man? Why are you hogging the spotlight again? At least let it Shikamaru be the token Nara here.
  6. Team 7, I don't know if all these mushy scenes of you guys will stick around in the final draft, but I'm going to write as many of these scenes as I can.
  7. Shikaku, I'm making a nice long list on how I can kill you off. Don't make me use it.
  8. Danzo, I'm seriously missing you. You won't believe what Shikaku's been doing. Please show up soon.
  9. Kakashi, er, you want another mission outside the village?
  10. Nara... how would you like to be in another HP crossover plotbunny that I've just created? You can be the main character and everything.
  11. Oh my god, just how am I supposed to reach that ending now. I wasn't supposed to go on this tangent. Harry, no! Don't do that.
Yes, I'm exaggerating.

I never miss Danzo.

Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment