01 August 2015

A Wild Uchiha Disappears

I was going through some of my old fanfiction story notes and found this gem "Madara just being a dramatic shit"... and well, I just had to write something with Madara in it.

This is a sequel to A Wild Uchiha Appears
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 
Harry felt a whole new appreciation for his magic as a peaceful and much-needed quiet settled over his apartment for the first time in two days. A quiet that was only interrupted by two sets of soft snores. 

Having to be a mediator between Naruto and Madara's constant squabbling had been a test of patience and sanity.

When they had started arguing because the other was apparently 'breathing too loud', Harry knew the usual head smacks just wouldn't be enough and finally resorted to magic.

While the two had been completely absorbed in their argument, Harry shot the bickering pair with a few spells. 

The first spell was simple tiring spell which worked exactly as the named implied. A spell mostly used on animals as it tired out it's target slowly over the course of a few hours. 

The other notable spell Harry used was something that would increase the heat and humidity in their general vicinity. Nothing like unfavourable weather to make people lethargic.

To Harry's delight, his experimental choice and combination of spells worked. The pair had been asleep for over two hours. 

But as Harry contemplated their lunch options, Madara shifted restlessly, a sure sign that he wasn't asleep anymore.

Tiptoeing past the still snoring Naruto on the sofa, Harry wondered if he should just chance using some more magic. Maybe a direct sleeping spell would work. 

Showing his uncannily sharp hearing, Madara turned his bandaged covered eyes to Harry. "Izuna," he whispered, his voice unusually soft.

Madara's covered eyes made it hard to read his emotions, but the tense line of his shoulders gave Harry an inkling of understanding. "What's wrong?"

"This is a really strange dream." Madara's face twitched, some flicker of emotion vanishing as quickly as it appeared. "But it's not a bad dream. Having you so act strangely gentle is much better than dreaming of you dying."

Harry gaped, stunned into silence.

"I just wish I could have seen your face again before I woke up," Madara said. "This dream-you probably has laugh lines." Madara paused and made an understanding sound. "Ah! That's why I can't see your face. My mind can't picture you looking as carefree as you sound..."

"Madara," Harry interrupted. "This isn't a dream."

Madara snorted. "I really can't understand how my mind created such a gentle version of you, Izuna. One so unburdened by war."

"This isn't a dream," Harry repeated.

"That what is it? The afterlife?" Madara scoffed. "I have no intention of dying until I make the Uchiha clan get the recognition they deserve."

"You can't choose when you'll die idiot," Harry retorted.

Madara's lips pulled back into a grin. "Hah! There's that smart mouth. Seems like any version of you is destined to have that."

"I'm not Izuna," Harry blurted before he could help it.

Instead of the anger or confusion that Harry had expected at the confession, Madara chuckled. "Of course you aren't the Izuna I know. The real you never had the patience for children, let alone one as annoying as the one my dream has given you."

Harry protested that unnecessary dig at Naruto.

"Still, no matter how strange, I wish I could dream a little longer." Madara said with a wistful sigh. "But I need to wake up. Who knows what that idiot Kaito is doing while I stay here dreaming like a fool."

"You're not going anywhere," Harry said. "Stop being so dramatic."

"It's a shame you will disappear when I wake," Madara said with a wistful smile. 

"That's it," Harry said and moved to grab Madara. "We're going to the hospital." His hand phased right through Madara's arm.

Harry must have screamed because Naruto woke and moved to his side in an instant with a drawn weapon. But they could only watch helplessly as Madara faded into nothingness.
 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-  
July was hectic. I couldn’t work on the AtO draft which kinda sucked. But at least I made a proper-ish plot table for AtO. So, I sort of know when things are supposed to happen.

Keywords being 'sort of'.
Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment