13 February 2016

Q & A Session 3

Haven't done this for a while so I have a backlog of stuff sent in through the askbox from September.

I'm skipping some of the messages sent in- stuff that you've already gotten the answers from reading my normal posts. (Stuff like: Draft well wishes. When is the next update? Am I still alive and writing? What is the meaning of life? Etc.)

I'm also skipping the super nice messages that have been sent it because they're not really questions and they don't really need public replying to. But even so, I'd like to say that I really appreciate those nice messages you guys send in randomly.

Q1. Well I hope you're happy Missy, because i did procrastinate with you instead of writing my report! (my deadline got extended later XD) Regarding a previous ask about other characters showing up in AtO, it makes sense that Harry doesn't immediately interact with the entire main cast, however it felt strange that the others(Konoha11, IRUKA!) aren't insanely curious about Harry. I mean Neji and Hinata definitely know about the perils of family. And they all know how far Naruto goes for a precious person. And they would definitely feel protective of Naruto. What if the new civilian cousin gets involved with the craziness around Naruto and goes 'nope' and leaves? Good riddance obviously but it would hurt Naruto especially if he gets attached or had high hopes. I can imagine them ambushing Shikamaru (Ino in front) about details of Harry. Or maybe they'll stalk Harry around the village for a day. WAS ONE OF THEM THE NOSY OLD WOMAN IN CH:10? That would be so funny.
A. First of all, I hope you aced that report after all that procrastination.
To be honest, the more I write AtO, the less I care about the other teams of the Konoha 11. There's just no situation to bring them in for more than a brief mention. And I do not want to lose any momentum by trying to force them into scenes or conversations. 

They just don't interest me.

Naruto might have to interact with some of them sporadically due to ninja business, but Harry has other priorities and things to do. So, I'd rather focus on writing more scenes with the characters Harry already has connections to. 

As for them feeling curious, they probably are. But will they actually do something about that? I don't think so. None of them seem overly concerned with anyone else's family matters in the group. Not unless they're already really close friends or family friends.

I think the the whole protective feelings are something that make sense for team-mates who meet on a more constant basis. So having Sakura watch and assess Harry as part of her 'I'm going to protect my team' growth makes more sense to me instead of any of the Konoha 11.
 
Q2. Thank you for the lovely advent calendar! It's too bad that it got cut short but your health is definitely more important! I loved Monk!Harry and the continuing Uchihas' Gods, i think my favourite prompt was 'Behind the Scenes' though. I lost it at the part where Itachi mouthed the lines along the movie! Poor Kisame. His partner is a bit of a dork. Did Itachi not recognize Harry? My fav line was how Harry was completely unconcerned by the 'weirdo in his face' lol. I wonder if that could be categorized as 'hip and cool' as Gai would say. Speaking of Gai, has Shika been questioned by the others in regard to Harry? Since he's been in contact the most? I imagine the Konoha 11 being VERY curious about the mysterious new Uzumaki. Thank you again for all your hard work. I don't see a lot comments on here so i hope you know that your work is very much loved and appreciated. Hope your fingers feel better and Happy New Year!
A. Itachi only watched the movie because he recognized Harry on the poster. He didn't go in expecting much but when he came out, he was a devoted fan.
Whether of the movie or the actor, it's hard to say. Kisame's suffering has really only just started, I think. He doesn't know just how far Itachi's fan-boy tendencies could go.

Anyway, you already know my feelings about the Konoha 11 from the answer above.
As for people questioning Shikamaru, well if anyone tried that, I doubt he'd be willing to answer. He's not much of a gossip and seems to keep things to himself. Plus I think that Shikamaru has perfected the art of escaping conversations by pretending he has to go to work or something when he's actually just going cloud gazing.

Well, most of my blog feedback/communication seems to be coming in through the askbox instead of the blog comments- I guess it's just easier to send something in through the askbox anonymously instead of signing in to leave a comment. Plus I think there were some issues with blogger itself, so the lack of comments is even more understandable.


Q3. I REALLY hope Harry will do something that freaks the HELL out of everyone, like turn Sasuke into a angry ferret!
Or maybe he uses the Cruciatus on one of Pain's bodies and thanks to the connection he has with them it goes STRAIGHT to him!
Thoughts?
A. But... Harry doing any magic, even simple stuff would freak people easily enough. Some people are probably quite freaked out by how he fixes things. Things that are supposed to be broken beyond repair. 

Having him use the Cruciatus to make a visible impact with his magic is not a route I'm keen on. There are many other simpler ways for Harry to show off his magic and kick ass. Things that I'm hoping will fit in with the story much better.


Q4. Have you ever read Wildbow's Worm or seen RoosterTeeth's RWBY?
Both are absolutely brilliant. If you haven't for both, I would suggest starting with RWBY since it's shorter, but incomplete. Worm is completed and very, very long.
A. I've read Worm. I might have even mentioned it on this blog before? I usually just sum it up as, “Oh Taylor.”

I loved parts of Worm. And absolutely hated others- sometimes entire arcs dragged on and I had to stop/skip ahead. Losing favourite characters didn't really help with reaching the end either. 

On the whole, it was a nice take on the whole superhero genre. Lots of interesting concepts and characters, that's for sure. And I would only recommend it if you are okay with reading grim stuff and have a lot of reading time.

As for RWBY, I've heard/seen some stuff about it especially after the creator died, but I haven't had a chance to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment