24 September 2010

Stories and stuff

Have you ever wished for certain fanfiction stories?

As a crossover junkie, there are times when I want to read a really odd crossover- like maybe a Buffy and Assassin's creed with some connection of the slayer line to... err, well you get the picture. So what do you do when you want a story?

Do you ask someone to write it by making it a challenge? Do you try to write bits and pieces of it yourself?

Or do you just wait for someone to come up with the idea on their own?

Or do you forget about it and read something else- thus finding some awesome stories?

And then if you do find stories that you sort of wanted to read about- don't you feel all giddy? I've sat up into the early hours of the morning reading those stories. I suppose that accounts for my zombie-like appearance some days. (and my slowpoke writing with my own stories now)

Then there's the guilty pleasure reads- stuff that you know is horrible but you can't stop yourself from reading it for the disbelieving laughs. That's usually stuff like making the main male character female and turning the fandom into some soap opera sort of drama with unplanned pregnancies, money conspiracies and other weird stuff. Have you ever willingly read that kind of stuff? Don't give me that look...I used to do it when I had loads of free time. Now not so much.

Anyway in terms of my writing AtO's ch11 has 1000+ words of tidbits typed out. I seemed to have gotten distracted by all the recent manga chapters from Naruto and Bleach. That and I've been getting the urge to write complicated one-shot crossovers for Bleach again.


Things I've come across
1-Hermione, Hell, and Horcruxes by potthead [Fanfic: HPXSupernatural One-shot]
A rather humorous one-shot that'll definitely get a smile out of you by the end. It's an interesting idea that might seem a bit odd but I think it works well as a one-shot. No romance or anything and it follows the HP epilogue ...just give it a read.

2-Life's Ending, Life's Beginning by becusitswrong [Fanfic: BuffyX Stargate SG1]
I wonder if anyone reads this fandom, but if you do, then you'll definitely like this fic. It's long and detailed and obviously very AU. Very slow but the details really help you understand the characters a lot (mostly Buffy). I'm a huge Buffy fan and this story really hit my cravings for having a smart kick-ass Buffy. Sometimes it's a bit sappy, but on the whole it works. My only warning would be the first chapter- which is sad and might be a bit graphic. Then again this is rated for 18+

3- [Possible Spoiler] Uzumaki Mito by Google123 [Fanart: Naruto series]
Ok, very spoiler-ish if you aren't keeping up with the manga. I won't ruin it for people who don't know who it is. So if you don't recognize the name don't click on the picture.
I like this picture because it really brings the character to life and she looks badass. Ohh be sure to have a look at the artist's gallery- there are some other nice Naruto pics in there- all rather spoiler-ish, so be warned.

Polar
P.S- I feel the urge to read a Naruto time-travel fic with Konan as the lead character.
P.P.S.- Will try to clean up and post another omake in a while. When the various plot bunnies hooping around decide to stop attacking me.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind you writing something else. Your last Bleach one-shot was awesome anyways and personally when I get side ideas they always distract me from what I'm trying to write. It might help you to write out your idea in the long run. Wouldn't want it to distract from ATO's.

    Anyways thanks for keeping us updated 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous- yup, side ideas are really distracting sometimes. I think Bleach is the one fandom that really gives me the craziest ideas sometimes- most of which never really see the light of day.

    Thanks for stopping by and sorry for the delayed reply.

    ReplyDelete