17 September 2012

Uploading dislike

A very annoying thing I've noticed about myself recently. I have a serious dislike of uploading my fanfiction story chapters.  Or more specifically, my DtE story chapters.

I mean there are only three chapters left in that story, and they're all complete (re-written and edited). But I don't want to upload any of them.

And I can't understand why. They're just there on my laptop- along with other things that can be uploaded.

Just to prevent any anger- no, AtO's chapter 14 is not finished/waiting to be uploaded. But I've been adding to it constantly.

So yeah, an allergy to uploading fanfic chapters.

Thankfully, I haven't had any trouble with my writing. I've been trying out OmmWriter and compared to WriteMonkey (the program I used before), I think I prefer OmmWriter a whole lot more. It does a better job of putting me in a writing mood and cutting off any distractions.

Speaking of distractions, all the manga I'm following at the moment are so cliffhanger-y and omg-what's-going-to-happen-next. But the Naruto chapters are just adding to my head-canon of my Uchiha's Gods AU- which is becoming crazier with every drabble scene I imagine/write for it. For some reason (but most probably cos of DtE), I added tigers to that AU. And while Madara gets crazier, obviously Itachi steals the spotlight like so...

Itachi wanted to argue with his ancestor. But he held his tongue and peeled the orange in his hand with a sigh. He popped a slice in his mouth and chewed slowly. As always, the one of a kind taste was unique and foreign but enjoyable.
Tsukuyomi seemed ridiculously thrilled and somehow got another orange in his hand, looking ready to stuff it in Itachi's hand.
Itachi snorted and opened his hand to take the newly appeared orange as well.
All three beings smiled at him, seeming oddly happy by his gluttony, and moved closer to him.
He suffered through the usual concerned and healing prods from Amaterasu, politely took yet another orange from Tsukuyomi and huffed at Susanoo's gentle pats on the top of his head.

An orange, Itachi? You've managed to turn the HP godly-ish trio from this AU into goo by eating an orange? I always know you were the most dangerous Uchiha.

Well, that's all for now,

Polar.

2 comments:

  1. I've never really thought about it before but posting the chapters is rather annoying huh?  I find the complaining for more chapters more annoying though.  That and five word or less reviews.  (Good chapter, Update soon.)  Is what I always get. 8(  Though they were nice enough to review at least..

    I like the little Itachi snippet you have there.  He's definately a genetic oddity... only... sane.. Uchiha... 

    Speaking of your fic I'm curious, are you going to do NaNoWriMo again this year?

    Anyways have fun writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly never knew that anyone could get annoyed with uploading chapters... but here I am- the crazy person who actually has a dislike of uploading completed chapters. I wonder if on some level I just want a chance to edit the chapters again before actually updating.

    NaNoWriMo- definitely going to take part. But instead of starting on a completely new story or anything, it'll be more of a complete-everything-you've-pushed-aside sort of writing month.

    ReplyDelete