10 October 2012

The Perfect Present

Warnings: Not part of AtO timeline at all. Un-edited and very much a drabble format.
=============================================================================
"Are you sure you don't want anything for your birthday?" Harry asked yet again.
"I just want you to be there, Nii-san."
=x=x=x=x=
"Something he really wants?" Sakura repeated.
Harry nodded. "He keeps saying that he doesn't want anything. But he must want something."
"I wish I could help you," Sakura said with a thoughtful frown. "But I really don't know what he'd want as a birthday present."
=x=x=x=x=
"Shikamaru!"
The teenager paused and turned to Harry. "So it's my turn to get questioned about Naruto's present?"
"Oh, you knew I was coming. That's good. So, can you help me?"
Shikamaru muttered irritably under his breath but eventually said, "Ninja supplies."
"Already gave him that before. I want to give him something better. Maybe something he wants not something he needs."
Shikamaru rolled his eyes and pulled out a cigarette.
=x=x=x=x
"No one could help me," Harry said in exasperation. "Can you believe that?"
Hedwig hooted.
Harry nodded, glad that at least Hedwig understood his concern about the whole thing. "I mean it's Naruto's birthday. I need to give him something so spectacular that... well, I mean I just need to."
Hedwig stared at him curiously and hooted in an almost questioning manner.
"No, I don't have any idea on what to get him," Harry said and slumped down in despair. "But I really want to get him something special. Maybe something that'll help him as a ninja."
Hedwig nipped on his sleeve, hooted, flapped her wings and looked up at him.
"Er?" Harry blinked at her in confusion. He ducked and rubbed his head when Hedwig flew up and clipped the side of his head with her wing. "What are you... do you have an idea for Naruto's present?"
Hedwig hooted and flapped her wings as she hovered in front of him.
=x=x=x=x=
Harry stared up at the run down looking castle-like structure that he'd travelled five days to find. "This looks rather ominous."
Hedwig hooted and landed on his shoulder tiredly, apparently content that she'd managed to lead him to this location.
"You stay outside," Harry said and pulled out his wand. With a deep breath, he entered.
=x=x=x=x=
Harry stumbled forward wearily, grimacing as one of the burns on his leg stung painfully.
Hedwig hooted at him in concern.
"We can't stop now. We're late as it is." Harry grimaced as he looked up at the dark sky. "Stupid cursed castle. Making me late for Naruto's birthday!"
"Harii!"
Harry blinked and turned to the source of the voice. "Izumo? What are you doing here?"
"What am I... you idiot! I was searching for you. Do you know how worried everyone is? And Naruto was just depressed the whole day because you weren't here today, on his birthday."
Harry frowned. "But I had to get his gift. And it's not my fault that stupid ghost kept trying to kill me."
Izumo stared at him. His eyes widened as he noticed the large scroll and weapon on Harry's back. "Harii..."
Harry shushed him. "I need to get to Naruto before the day is actually over. Otherwise I can't give him his birthday present."
Izumo rolled his eyes but carefully grabbed a hold of Harry's arm. Harry wasn't sure how far they travelled but within minutes, they were in very familiar surroundings.
"Nii-san?"
"Naruto!" Harry grinned, wrapped Naruto in a brief tight hug and shoved the large weapon and scroll from his back into Naruto's hands. "Happy Birthday!"
Naruto stared at the elaborate staff and the old weathered scroll as Hedwig landed on his shoulder and nuzzled the side of his face. "What..."
"If I remember correctly, the ghost said that was a jutsu scroll or something," Harry said.
"Ghost!" Naruto yelped but thankfully didn't drop any of the items Harry had fought to obtain.
"Jutsu scroll?" A female voice said.
Harry turned to the newcomer. "Hokage-sama?"
"Izumo said you were injured," she said and assessed him with critical eyes.
Naruto gasped as looked back at Harry. "What happened to you?"
"The ghost really didn't want me to take the scroll." Harry shrugged. "But I got most of my injuries when I burnt the castle down."
"You burnt down a castle?" Tsunade asked.
Harry nodded. "I had to."
"Why?" Tsunade asked as she healed a burn on his arm.
"There were un-dead creatures that were trying to kill me because of the angry ghost. And fire seemed to be the only thing that worked against them."
"And how did you start the fire?"
Harry smiled. "Matches."
"Matches?"
"Matches," Harry repeated blandly. "Lots of matches."
Tsunade pinched the bridge of her nose in obvious irritation.
Naruto gasped loudly interrupting their conversation.
Harry turned to him and grinned. "Well, do you like it?"
Naruto looked up at him. "It's a jutsu scroll. There's so many different jutsu in here."
"Yeah, that's what the ghost said. I figured it was really important if he was willing to kill me because of it."
Naruto stared at him for a long moment. "It's an Uchiha jutsu scroll."
"It's a what?" Tsunade yelled.
Harry grinned. "That's good, right?"

=============================================================================

Oh, Harry. You should have just given him cake.

Polar

6 comments:

  1. Now that was cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scroll should have the super secret Uchiha jutsu... and Itachi needs to hear about them and come to the village to look at them...and there should be something that will help heal his eyes...because I feel bad for him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silent ReaderOctober 12, 2012

    Cake? Naah! He should have gone with buying that country though!
    And five days to find? Is he still in Konoha?
    Cute idea though. Maybe Madara will come? And Harry could trap him in an anti-muggle ward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not still in Konoha. He's still in Fire Country at least. I'm just assuming that the Uchiha had secret places all over Fire Country- which is pretty big.

    Madara? Nah, it would have to be Tobi who'd come... actually I'd be more amused if Sasuke came back after hearing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But the Uchiha already have so many secret jutsu... and even if they had more I doubt they'd have anything nice and useful that could heal.

    ReplyDelete