13 June 2014

Answering some questions.

Just some answers to questions from this blog's 'Ask Me' page.

Some of these answers are rather spoilerific with recent Naruto chapters. 

1. Have you caught up you are to recent Naruto chapters? What do you think about the history of the ninja world. And what do you think of Kaguya?

I have caught up and I have mixed feelings about both those things to be honest.

The history is fascinating but part of me goes- where did all this come from? Some of it just feels so sudden. Another part of me is disappointed at the lack of Uzumaki history. With all the Hashirama and Madara history, all I could think of was... where's Mito? Shouldn't there be something about her in all this? I'm hoping that some Uzumaki history and information comes up in future chapters instead of us having to see Sasuke as an ass all the time.

As for Kaguya. First of all, yay for female villain who's powerful. Not so much yay for her current reasons of villianry. I hope there's more to her character than just 'I want to rule the world blah blah'. I want to see more of her past explaining why she's like that. Am I too crazy to hope for some sort of direct connection between her and the Uzumaki clan? Probably.

2. Against the odds is not on your update list. Is it on another hiatus?

I got a similar PM on FFnet about this and I'll tell you the same thing I told the other person.

The short answer is no, I'm not updating AtO anytime soon. That doesn't mean I'm not working on the next chapter. I'm just concentrating more on the other story ideas because they're less of a hassle.

3.  Did you ever consider making Karin the first living Uzumaki that Harry met?


Nope. When I first started AtO,  Karin hadn't been officially outed as an Uzumaki. There were suspicions but no official confirmation. And Nagato too.

Naruto was the lone Uzumaki. He was my favourite character along with Harry. And I just wanted to write about those two. At it's core, that's what AtO is for me.

Karin and even Nagato would have been interesting deviations for sure. Off the top of my head, the only reason Harry would meet either of them first is if he never made it to Konoha.

Let me try a rough brainstorm for the Karin route.
Harry never met the caravan. Maybe he wandered around Fire Country and wasn't very secretive about his skills? Maybe he talks to a snake? He gets kidnapped by Sound, meets Kabuto. Getting experimented on is stupidly angsty and I don't like that. So let's say Harry causes mayhem by getting all the snakes on his side with the clever use of interesting conversation. Manda is pleased with Harry and gives him snake bodyguards. All the snakes, even Manda, are scared of Hedwig. Orochimaru is displeased. Kabuto is confused. Sasuke kills Oro and recruits Harry for the snakes' loyalty. Harry goes along because he still needs to find red-headed Uzumaki and Sasuke could be the perfect guide through the land. Every country reports a surge of their snake population- Harry uses them as info gatherers. Hedwig terrorizes Suigetsu when he's recruited. Sasuke considers Hedwig his most useful team member at that point.
Finally meet Karin who recognises some similarity between Harry's and her chakra. She's not exactly thrilled because maybe she hates the clan. Hates how being an Uzumaki made her a test subject? Again, too angsty. So instead, maybe she thinks Harry is her rival for Sasuke. They have a rocky relationship where Harry is horrified, Karin is murderous and Sasuke still believes Hedwig is the most useful member even after they get Juugo. And then stuff happens. Hedwig probably ends up saving the day proving Sasuke right for the first time in his life.

Behold, all the crack!

Sorry, I don't think this is what you had in mind when you asked the question.

That's all for now,
Polar.


No comments:

Post a Comment