30 January 2015

January's Fanfic-I've-Read Round up

This is basically a small list of the fanfic I read and liked this month. Most of these were recced to me ages ago and I've just gotten around to reading them over the past month.

1. Ricochet by Strix 4
I admit the first chapter threw me off and I was tempted to stop reading- I'm not a fan of high school-esque AU. But I liked the dialogue and how it showed so much personality for various characters (mostly Naruto) so I kept reading. And I wasn't disappointed as I reached the latest chapter. Definitely a good read that will leave you in a mess of emotions.

A Hermione centric story where we get to see what happens if she had joined Slytherin. And what a wonderful and rather scary Slytherin she makes. I like how things just change and I like the portrayal of Slytherin's inner workings. It all makes me curious to see how things will progress in the future. So check this out if you want a well done Slytherin Hermione fic.

3 Caveat Inimici by S.Rebeiro
This oneshot goes with the theme of scary/badass Hermione. It's an old oneshot but it really hits you with just how scarily protective and vengeful Hermione can be. I personally like the ruthlessness that Hermione shows. Well worth the read.

This is a super short list compared to my ever growing 'to-read' fanfic list. But I'm hoping to get through that list slowly and make a sizable dent in it by the end of the year. 

Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment