28 July 2010

Konoha Clan musings

Abilities
1- From canon: Naras, Inuzakas, Yamanakas, Akamichis, Kurama, Aburame, Sarutobi,- have unique and specific jutsus.

Hyuuga, Senju, Uchiha, Aburame (sort of)- have bloodline limit

What I gather from that: A clan needs to have some unique abilities in order to be considered a clan. Whether it's a bloodline or just a unique method of fighting/being useful to the village.
----
2- From canon: Senju Harishama had the Mokuton. Senju Tobirama had his Suiton skills. Tsunade... er well super strength and healing.

What I gather from that: Not all clan members have the same ability. Not all skills can be inherited/passed on even if they are some sort of bloodline limit.
---
3- From canon: Hatake Kakashi has a sharingan eye. Yamato has Mokuton. Danzo...well you know.

What I gather from that
: Bloodline abilities can be taken/implanted and used by non-clan members.
Also, the fact that Kakashi was able to keep his Sharingan eye- does that show that The Uchiha didn't have the power to take it back from him? Did the Hokage intervene there somehow- surely they wouldn't have been happy with it.

Clan politics.

1- Canon: Hyuuga branch members have seals on them. Almost like slaves.

What I gather from that
: The Hokage doesn't seem to have a say in clan politics/issues of inheritance/how clan members get treated by the clan head.
---
2- Canon: Uchiha Massacre, sealing the powers of Yakumo Kurama (from the anime filler only)

What I gather from that
: If the clan/a member of a clan is deemed a threat to the village, the Hokage has the power to step in and deal with it in any way possible.
---
3- Canon: Nara Shikaku is jounin commander. Yamanaka Inoichi works in T&I.

What I gather from that
: Just because you're a clan head, doesn't mean you can't have a high position in the village. Or well, being a clan head doesn't exempt you from important positions.
---
4- Canon: Root members include a Yamanaka and Aburame.

What I gather from that: Danzo is evil and smart. And clan heads can't control everything their clan members do, unless you're the Hyuuga who put seals on your members.

Some notes
1- Hatake- It's never really mentioned as a clan in canon. It's just the family name for Kakashi and Sakumo both of whom became famous for their skills in battle.
2- Pre-shinobi village era- there must be some relation to being a clan prior to the formation of the village system under a Kage. So clans need to have a history from prior?

Interesting random things I've come across
1- Final Fantasy A+ by Mousekliks
This is an old flash movie/animation that's absolutely hilarious. As the name implies, it's a sort of parody of a Final Fantasy series. It's bound to make you laugh even if you haven't really played any FF games. (But it's funnier if you're familiar with the gameplay) And maybe inspire you a bit- it helped me write out a bit of ch 10!

2- Untold Stories by Teh-Akuma-Yoru [Naruto fanart]
This artwork got recommended to me. At first I was like- that's not very artsy looking. But I scrolled down and saw the story #3- Lamentation. And wow. Just... wow! Those few panels were worth so many words. Heartbreaking but awesome.

Polar
P.S- I've been toying with the idea of creating a separate story on ffnet- mostly it would be a collection of extra scenes from AtO, things that don't really have a lot to do with the plot- just scenes that take place in that universe- kind of like an omake series. Is it better to open a new story or just place the omakes at the end of my chapters? Or should I just not put that stuff up?
P.P.S- 6132 words... Things have been unusually slow- must be all the summer diversions that's been keeping me away from writing.
P.P.P.S - Ghosts...hmmm yeah, well I suppose that's interesting. I'm actually way more interested in Edo Tensei. Zombies ftw! *insane laugh*

5 comments:

  1. Just to point out: the Hatakes have their White Chakra bloodlimit.

    Yes to extra scenes from AtO! Place them however/wherever you want^^ Maybe in an outtakes series, to tide us over between the chapters?

    P.P.S: I'll just take comfort in the ~1000 words you've managed to write *blubbers at you* XD

    P.P.P.S: Lol, Inferi too?

    Oh, btw, just out of idle curiosity, have you read Sophie3's Connections? (HP/NTO xover)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take comfort in those 1000 odd words too. =)

    Inferi...err, no! I guess they're alright but they're not all that cool in the zombie hierarchy. I mean people resurrected from the Edo Tensei- they retain they're life skills/memories, so they make better minions. And it takes a lot more than fire to deal with them.

    I have Connections on Story Alert. I'm waiting for the next chapter. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 29, 2010

    *Looks at previous posts* OHhh we're suggesting stories now?

    Anything written by http://www.fanfiction.net/u/674180/Sarah1281 . Her stories are great for a good laugh.

    She's not writing anything in the catagories I know anything about at the moment (*crys anime tears*) I love everything she's written in my normal catagories. But she has a couple really good timetravels. Both are outright hilarious.

    A Naruto timetravel called "It's for a good Cause I swear"

    And a Harry Potter one called "Oh God Not Again!"

    Both start out alittle slow in comparison to the rest of the fic but they both pick up by about the 3rd chapter.

    (The end of the Harry Potter one got alittle off track and annoying near the end. Still worth reading though)

    If you've ever played "Knights of the old Republic" I also suggest her fic "So Not My Problem".

    As for lack of progress well take your time. I think it's the heat or humitity (humitity for me... oh god it literally feels like a 105 inside *curses her box fan and lack of airconditioning*)

    Anyways I'm looking forward to your next update.
    Good luck writing it,

    Lanelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lanelle- I've read "It's for a good Cause I swear" - it was a good read because i could always count on it making me laugh over silly things.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polar, may I ask the word count... again?

    I just reread AtO... again, and I can't help being ridiculously excited for the next chapter...again >.< Feed me some hope?

    ReplyDelete