23 January 2011

Requested Drabbles (Part 3)

Warnings: Not edited at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5- Harry finds Jiraiya peeking into Hot springs (from Lanelle)
Merlin, not again! Harry swiveled around trying to gain his bearings. “Why aren’t there any bloody signs anywhere?”
He twitched when he heard an odd giggle from somewhere to his side. And someone has the gall to laugh at my misery! Why I ought to… Harry turned around searching for the unhelpful person. He frowned when he didn’t see anyone standing and staring at him.
Laughing at me and then hiding. Wonderful, now I’m even more irritated at this person.
Harry was about to leave in another direction when he heard the giggling start up again. He felt a muscle on his forehead twitch violently all of a sudden. On a sudden impulse, Harry followed the sounds of the giggles.
He passed by a few stalls, turned down some roads and crossed over a bridge. How in the world can someone be giggling this loud? Or have I suddenly managed to gain super-hearing?
He paused at the sudden increased in humidity and noticed a large sign that read, “Konoha’s Hot Springs
Hot springs? There’s one in the village? He ignored his thoughts as he heard the giggle once again. He walked around the main entrance and stopped when he caught sight of a white-haired man crouched by a wooden fence.
A man is giggling next to a fence? Harry shook his head and turned away from the sight. Obviously he’s one of those crazy drunk people. I just wasted my time…
Harry frowned when he caught sounds of muffled female talking. He turned back just as the man giggled and said, “Ohh, yes, yes, remove that towel and show Jiraiya-sama that wonderful young female body…”
He’s peeping. Harry felt scandalized. That no-good old man! How dare he? And why can’t the other people hear him? Harry looked around carefully, moved out of sight and made a discreet wand movement in the man’s direction. Sonorous.
It only took a second for the old man’s next giggle to be broadcast loudly and seemingly everywhere via the spell. Harry felt smug when voices from beyond the fence yelled, “Pervert!” and a few towel-clad women actually crashed through the fence with weapons drawn.
“JIRAIYA! So you were here after all.”
Harry turned around warily and found an irritated looking Hokage standing on of the roof of the building opposite the onsen and cracking a fist.
Harry murmured a soft Finite Incantatum and walked away. I’m sure the Hokage will deal with him appropriately. Hmm, although his name does sound familiar. Pft, it’s probably not important anyway. I better go back to searching for a way home.

6- Harry meets Gamabunta. (from Euphoretic)
Harry stared at the large sword in front of him.
“Well, are you backing out then, you scrawny tadpole?”
Harry rolled his eyes and looked up at the large orange toad. “If I lift this you’ll carry Naruto and me all the way to Snow Country and then back again without complaint.”
The large toad laughed and Naruto grabbed a hold of Harry’s sleeve. “Uh, nii-san maybe we should just…”
Harry scoffed. “Don’t be ridiculous. We need a vacation far away from these people here and we need to get there fast without tiring ourselves out. This is the best option.”
“But you can’t…” Naruto frowned as he looked at the sword.
“Can’t?”  Harry repeated.
“Even I can’t lift it. You’ll get injured trying to lift that. Then we won’t be able to have any sort of vacation because you’ll be in the hospital! We should just go the onsen village and…”
Harry smiled in amusement. “Naruto, you’re so naïve. I intend to get that free ride to snow country and some oversized sword isn’t going to stop me.”
“But…”
Harry moved forward and looked up at the toad. “So do you agree to my terms, Gamabunta-san?”
“Do you agree to mine?” Gamabunta said as he puffed on his pipe.
Harry rolled his eyes. “Yes! If I can’t lift up the sword I’ll buy you the super expensive sake from Moon country for the rest of my life.” He moved forward and examined the sword carefully. A combination of a levitation charm, a feather-light charm and a sticking charm maybe? But I need to get on higher ground and it’s not like I can climb on this toad…
Harry turned to Naruto. “Can you make some clones and stack them up? I need to reach the handle of the sword.”
Naruto just nodded with a wary look.
Gamabunta laughed loudly. “What good will that do I wonder? Such a persistent brat…”
Harry ignored the toad and climbed up on Naruto’s wobbly stack of clones until he reached the handle. With a few minutes of intense concentration and making sure his holstered wand tip made contact with the sword handle, Harry held on to the sword handle and lifted.
He smirked when Gamabunta’s pipe fell to the ground with a loud thump and crack and the Naruto clones yelled in excitement. “So Gamabunta-san, we’ll be leaving by this evening.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm, not really all that funny I suppose and may be sort of predictable but it's the only thing that came to me at the prompts. My creativity seems to be at a low point right now.

Polar
P.S. Success! No Itachi-haunting in these drabbles. Now if only I could manage the same success with that idiotic oneshot.
P.P.S. Chapter 12 is progressing slowly...but don't expect it anytime soon.

4 comments:

  1. I love the meeting/argument with Gamabunta.

    I also have a drabble suggestion
    How about Harry meeting Anko while she is training with her snakes and striking up a conversation with the snakes and ignoring Anko...

    ReplyDelete
  2. romantiscueJanuary 28, 2011

    I especially liked the last one- both of them being so sure that Gamabunta would win... xD that said, I'd like to know what happened to that deleted scene thing you said would be up 'in a few days'? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I'll see what I can do about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at first I had the insane image of Myrtle doing the spying and then relaying all the information to Jiriaya because I was thinking...how does he even get any information since he always seems to get caught anyway. But Myrtle as a ghost has a lot of leeway...

    Either way, it's still rather ugh-like.

    ReplyDelete