14 January 2011

What am I up to?

Well, I'm not working on chapter 12, if that's what you thought. Before you get all panicky about it- I have to say there's about 4500+ words written out for it. And I haven't stopped writing because of writer's block or anything.

No, I don't get to make normal excuses like that. 

As I was telling some of you guys before, I've managed to entangle myself in a really deadly one-shot plot bunny. It's obviously a HP crossover but not a bleach crossover, funnily enough. It's a HP X KHR (Katekyo Hitman Reborn) one-shot plot bunny.

The plot bunny came to me over the holidays and I wrote down scraps of it, happy to record it and leave it. But I can't seem to leave it be now. From those few scraps I've somehow ended up with 5000 words. And it's still nowhere near resolved/done. It keeps haunting me when I try to work on chapter 12.

By the way, those 5000 words ... they're very incomplete snippets.

Gah, it's so unfair. Why can I never get that many words so quickly when I have to write non-fanfiction things?

Interesting things I've come across (haven't done this in a long time!) 
1- Those Campbell Boys by l. marie benjamin [SupernaturalX Criminal Minds fanfic]
This is a wonderfully complex crossover fic that takes you for a ride. It's very imaginative and blends both fandoms in to a plausible universe. I personally love the fic because Reid's altered history is just so interesting in it. A must read if you like both fandoms.

Well, that's all for right now,
Polar.
P.S. Side note- I have a BleachXNaruto crossover that's just sitting sadly on my desktop because I don't know how it should end.

P.P.S There are still like six more open slots for drabble requests. So if no one new asks for anything I'll probably just write out whatever was asked for/listed on this post.

P.P.P.S Also deleted scene number three is on it's way (within the next few days probably)

1 comment:

  1. romantiscueJanuary 15, 2011

    *sympathizes with you* I' really, really, should be updating Changeling and Teacher, but I keep getting distracted by plotbunnies *feels terrible* Also, I can't seem to write in a linear manner, so I end up with pieces lacking the 'glue' to hold them together D:

    But hey, at least you've got 4500 words for chapter 12. I have like, 1000 words for Changeling and 2000-lacking-glue for Teacher... and a whole slew of plot bunnies that have morphed into separate, mutating, lifeforms. I'm actually considering posting a Plot Bunny Archive, just so my readers will see that I haven't suddenly been run over by an ice cream truck or something...

    ANYWAY. Can I make another drabble request? Because I'd really like to hear more about the ninja-civilian relationships in the village. I've wanted that since Kotetsu's (or Izumo's?) comment on how they kept coming by to visit because Harii didn't seem afraid of them. (Unless Shikaku POV suddenly seems manageble, because nothing beats that *nods*)

    ReplyDelete