10 March 2012

Valentine Day Drabble

Yes, I know we're way past Valentine's Day, but since I had no internet access in Feb when it was supposed to come online, please excuse the delayed posting of this. 

Warnings: Un-edited silliness. Not a part of AtO's established timeline  obviously.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Harii, I need your help!"
Harry glanced up at Izumo's worried face. "What's wrong? Did Kotetsu get sugar high and end up in the hospital again?"
"No, this has nothing to do with him," Izumo said. "I asked Kasumi, the chef from Kusaka, out on a date."
Harry nodded sympathetically. "And she said no?"
"She said yes."
Harry frowned. "So you wanted her to say no?"
Izumo shot him a look. "Why would I ask her out if I wanted her to say no?"
"So what's the problem?" Harry said as he turned away to roll his eyes.
"I don't know what to do. I don't want to screw this up so I need advise."
Harry glanced back at Izumo sharply. "From me?"
Izumo nodded.
"You, a fully grown man, want advise on women from a sixteen year old who's never actually had a proper romantic relationship?"
"You've never..."
Harry twitched. "I'm single now, aren't I?"
"Yes, but you seem like the sensitive sort that the chicks dig. I mean Sakura seems less homicidal around you."
Harry blinked and sighed. "I really worry about you."
Izumo flayed his hands around dramatically for a moment before he jumped forward and grabbed a hold of Harry's arm. "Help me, Harii."
-x-x-x-x-x-
Hermione blinked and snorted through the mirror. "Another one? Just how many men need relationship advise?"
Harry shrugged.
"Are you at least getting paid proper for being such a helpful Agony Uncle?" Hermione said.
"If anything you're the Agony Aunt, I'm just the messenger." Harry remembered the numerous cake boxes on his kitchen table, the new books piled up on one side and a bundle of money notes. "But yeah, I'm getting paid."
"That's good," Hermione's sombre face shifted into an excited smile. "Now tell me about the newest man's problem. Is he a..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I re-read this drabble after completing it, I found myself making a summary for it. Some summaries led to even more crazy ideas and eventually I found myself liking the original drabble a whole lot more.

Some silly/faux-dramatic summaries and further craziness that got inspired by the above drabble.
1- Konoha discovers Harry's reliability in dealing with one of it's relatively unknown fields: women.
2- Harry finally finds a way to be an invaluable asset to Konoha. Even the most hardened ninja is willing to acknowledge the skills of an adept matchmaker.
3- "And he's such a..." She sighed and rubbed her forehead.
Harry sighed. "I can understand what you're trying to say, Nara-san. But I don't understand why you're telling me all this."
"Because," she turned to him with narrowed eyes. "My son needs to be pushed. If I left it to him, I'll never get a grandchild."
"But he's only sixteen," Harry said, even as he thought, And I don't want to get involved.
"He'll be more willing to listen to someone his own age. If you introduce him to a suitable girl now, then in five years times I can expect a grandkid. That's the usual timeframe for Nara men."
Harry frowned. "What if he already has someone?"
"Do you know something that I don't?"
Not wanting to cause any trouble, Harry shook his head and said, "No, I just wanted to know."
She stared at him for a moment, then nodded in satisfaction and pulled out a brown envelope from her pocket. "These three are possible candidates..."

Of course there were tons more ridiculous tangents I ended up with like 'Harry the wedding planner' and 'Harry the relationship counselor' or the one idea where Danzo enlisted Harry's help to pair up the Root members to create future soldiers. Funny and slightly very creepy to imagine, trust me.

Polar
P.S. I haven't made a dent in my internet catching up at all. I think it's because, instead of being glued to the computer/internet, I find myself doing other things. At least I've caught up with all the manga I follow! That's progress.

9 comments:

  1. Guest #409March 11, 2012

    AHH!! Okay, now look. I love you. I missed you. But you can't hold a chapter hostage like that because I'm either going to have a heart attack or hunt you down and steal your hard drive.
    Just saying. 

    Good to see you again by the way~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding a chapter hostage? That would imply I'm keeping the chapter to get something in return. So nope, not holding the chapter hostage. I don't think there's anything that can make me put the chapter up before I;m well and ready to put it up.

    On that note, my hard drive is trembling in fear. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guest #409March 12, 2012

    Who says you aren't getting something from this? You're filled with glee that your tortured fans are squirming with want over the elusive Chapter 13! I'm quite sure of it!

    And your hard drive had better hope I never figure out where you are on the map for nothing shall save it then! >[

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, when you put it like that... I actually like chapter 13's awesome power of providing me entertaiment. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guest #409March 15, 2012

    So cruel... ;_; And look, the week's almost over! You promised you'd update this week.. you didn't say it would be the END of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little KaijuuMarch 24, 2012

    ... is it bad that I really, really want to see the Danzo hiring Harry as a Matchmaker story? Not as much as I want chapter 13, or to see where the editing goes (loved the story as it was but I know what it's like to want to revamp stuff to be more in-keeping with new material...).

    On that note, will you tell us what you've removed? The word count has dropped quite a bit but it's hard to tell sometimes and I'd like to keep both versions in my head for comparison.

    Poor Shikamaru. Is his mother trying to pair him with Ino or Temari? I'd tell the poor boy to run but, well, he's a Nara. A leisurely lope is probably the best he could muster. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  7. HeavenmidoriApril 04, 2012

    This isn't meant to be nagging/complaining/begging. When do you plan on updating? I'm just curious. If you say it won't be for another week then I'll happily wait. But if you were able to update this weekend that would be the best birthday present ever. Even over the bonsai tree (the poor thing) that my mom got me. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!
    http://www.hulu.com/naruto-spin-off-rock-lee-and-his-ninja-pals

    ReplyDelete
  9. " the one idea where Danzo enlisted Harry's help to pair up the Root members to create future soldiers. Funny and slightly very creepy to imagine, trust me."

    heh, and accidentally got them all in touch with their emotions? :D Because he thought that was what was important?

    ReplyDelete