13 July 2012

A HpxNaruto crossover starring...

Manda!

You know the large purple snake? Orochimaru's moody summon boss? Yeah, that Manda.

No, really, I'm serious.

Warnings: Crack-some-ness, Crack-in-a-hat and more crack than you know what to do with. Unedited. Short- so very short.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Manda!"

Manda groaned and coiled his body tighter, trying not to lose the comfortable heat that he'd managed to absorb.

"Manda!"

Manda groaned, opened an eye and stared up at the large silvery-grey snake. "What?"

"Don't use that tone with me!"

Manda sighed and raised his head slightly so that it seemed slightly more respectful. "What is it, mother?"

The large silvery-grey snake, his very old but still very deadly mother, hissed in exasperation. "Don't forget who laid the large egg you came out of! Show some respect, you hatchling."

Manda didn't twitch. Because the leader of the snake summons had a reputation to keep. Instead, he slowly uncoiled his body and raised his body so that he was staring down slightly at his mother. But he politely asked, "What's wrong?"

"Your brother."

Manda stifled a groan. There could only one brother his mother would actually bother him -from a nice restful nap- about. The youngest of their clutch, who was also their mother's favourite. Had been their mother's favourite for a very long time.
"I haven't heard from him in a while."

"He's probably out making more statues," Manda said, unable to hide his spite at his brother's ridiculous habits.

"No!" His mother hissed vehemently. "He was summoned and he hasn't come back."

"Summoned?"

His mother nodded. "Yes, you know how dangerous it is when he's summoned. Unlike you, he has to go to a completely different dimension because..."

Manda refrained from rolling his eyes as his mother continued her predictable dialogue about his brother and mentally translated her words into what he considered an accurate summary. 'Blah blah he was actually found by a wizard and was blessed enough to hatch into a basilik blah blah, isn't he just so perfect?' He hated the way his mother always conveniently forget that his brother had an unhealthy loyalty to a mere human, even if that human was a wizard capable of magic.

"...so I want you to go check on him. He could be in danger."

"Danger from what?" Manda huffed. "He practically indestructible."

His mother hissed, her pupils sharpened and her poison coated fangs gleamed menacingly in the sunlight.

Manda flinched but immediately pretended that he didn't. "I'm sure he's fine. But I'll look into it, mother."
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This was inspired by my draft-writing of AtO chapter 14 for some reason. Not that Manda is in it or anything. And not like there's crazy crack in the chapter- just odd thoughts led to even odder thoughts and then I had opened a blank window and this happened.

There will be more of this madness later- not soon, but eventually.

Polar

P.S. Will be deleting some old blog posts from here- not the ones that have bits of story/useful resources in them- just the useless ones.

5 comments:

  1. Poor poor basilisk... As it is, I am a big fan of reptiles (all kinds), so I was positively drooling in bliss when I saw "HP and Chamber of Secrets" .
    Heh, Manda- It would be kind of interesting to see how he would react to a fact, that his powerful brother has been killed by twelve year old kid.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manda: You did what to my brother?!
    Harry: I erm... well sort of killed him. A sword,,, through the roof of his mouth... It was self-defence, I swear!
    Manda: You..... I think I love you.
    Harry: Please, don't kill me until I have fulfilled... Wha-?
    Manda: You have no idea what kind of nuisance he was.
    Harry: Actually that's an understatement...
    Manda: Yes, isn't it? He always had to lord over us all how he could kill anything with a mere look. He even had the nerve to act as though his talking in hisses all the time showed how much better he was.
    Harry: I imagine-
    Manda: And of course mother was always on his side. It was always Bob here and Bob there.
    Harry: Wait, his name was...
    Manda: Even when I became chief of all snake summons, that was never good enough for her.
    Harry: I think I should go now...
    Manda: WAIT! You know, we seem to get along well and I really think we have a connection here. Maybe you could help me with a sort of problem.
    Harry: (I don't believe this) What sort of problem?
    Manda: You see there's this little ladyfriend, I have. Just as bad as my mother and if it weren't for this most lovely little rattle she has...
    Harry: Ah.
    Manda: Maybe if you, snake-speaking killer of the most powerful *uses his tail to draw quotation marks in the air* snake of all, put in a good word for me, she would realize that there's a much finer snake lord right here, quite willing to-
    Harry: I get it!

    There. Just turned this into an AU!AtO story. ^_^ Sorry, this honestly came to me the moment I read this ficlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that little dialogue sounds like the beginning of an omake for Against the Odds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the only reason I ever watched CoS was to see Fawkes... which I didn't really like. I guess I expected more flashiness/flames/magic and stuff. And I can't really remember what my first impression of the basilisk was- probably nothing good, knowing my pickiness. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me want to expand on Manda's 'love problems' from that Omake because you make it seem like Manda could be a nice likable snake (who's just misunderstood)... when he isn't being creepy and demanding human sacrifices.

    And having 12 year old Harry deal with Manda instead of 16 year old Harry would be more interesting...

    ReplyDelete