03 December 2015

AC_D1: Adventures in Suna (Part 2)

Welcome to Day 1 of the 2015 Advent Calender.

Because of RLstuff, I'll be posting only once every three days. So there will be a total of 8 Advent Calender posts this year.

Hope you enjoy. 

This post is a continuation of this: Adventures in Suna
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 
"How long until you make the star chart?"

Harry started and turned, not having expected Gaara to break the silence. Over the course of the past week, Gaara had seemed content to let Harry explain what he was doing and then lapsed into silence when Harry used the telescope. "Ah sorry, I have been taking my time with that, huh? I'll work on finishing it soon."

"No, I meant," Gaara frowned and seemed to be thinking something over. "You've been working on this for a week."

"Yes?" Harry said, confused and wary about what the conversation would lead up to. 

"There are many things to do in the village," Gaara said. "There is no need to seclude yourself and work on my account."

Harry snorted. "Uh, sorry. It's just, I've actually been taking things easy over the past week. I sleep through the hottest parts of the day, eat all sorts of good food and then just sort of laze about because I can. It's been fun."

Gaara stared at him. "So you do not dislike the village?"

Had people been talking about him? That seemed ridiculous. "No!” Harry said vehemently. “I've never had a chance to laze about before. Plus, have you tried the food in the Golden Cactus? It's amazing. There's no reason to ever leave the place."

"I see," Gaara said, sounding a mix between confused and appeased as he looked at the papers in his hands.

"So how do those calculations look?" Harry asked. 

"It seems correct with your formula,” Gaara said. “Mapping the stars is quite labour intensive."

Harry looked up from the telescope and noted that co-ordinates of yet another distant star. "What were you expecting?"

"I'm not sure," Gaara admitted as he shuffled through the thick sheaf of papers in his hands. "It's not something I thought about."

"I certainly never expected any calculations for this," Harry admitted. "I'd always assumed I'd just learn about the stories that people gave the stars. Imagine my horror when I found out that I needed to do a lot of math for this."

Gaara frowned. "Stories?"

Remembering the similar reaction that Naruto had had about the topic, Harry smiled and said, "You know the stories in the stars. People name constellations after heroes or characters from certain stories."

Gaara blinked like Harry had told him that the sky had always been green. "They do?"

Harry nodded. "My personal favourite is about the..."
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 
See you on the 6th ,

Polar.

No comments:

Post a Comment