09 November 2011

Bad writing habits?

So I finally put up chapter 2 for my NaNoWriMo project... and you're probably thinking that I'm already slacking behind.

You'd be right and wrong at the same time.

I did try to write chapter 2 after I finished chapter 1. But no matter how hard I tried, I honestly couldn't. Instead I found myself writing chapter 8- which is a transition chapter before we enter Shippuden's storyline, which probably doesn't meant anything to you right now.

I didn't bother about it too much and tried to write chapter 2 after getting chapter 8 out of my system.  Again, that didn't work out. I ended up writing snippets/scenes/broken pieces of dialogue for a number of future chapters.

So yeah, my bad habit when writing - is not writing things in order and not being able to write what I'm supposed to. Instead I keep writing things and hoarding them for future chapters.

Does that mean my mind is cluttered or something? How do you fix that sort of thing?

Polar
P.S. Bad habits aside, I'm enjoying writing the bits and pieces for this crack-ish story. Maybe because it feels so light-hearted (plot-wise) and I'm not editing it like crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment