01 November 2011

Happy Halloween!

Today has to be one of the most hectic days of the year. Not only do you have to deal with ravenous kids who'd probably kill for candy and idiotic friends who want to horror movie marathons, but it marks the last 'free' day before NaNoWriMo madness begins.

Of course, when I say 'free'- I mean it's the day to finalize your basic plot for your NaNoWriMo story, find and organize your notes (if you have any) and then try-and-fail to convince yourself not to participate in NaNoWriMo.

So what fanfiction story have I decided on? It's a NarutoXBleach crossover that I'm calling "The Complicated Detour to Evolution" (the title might change tomorrow after I write chapter 1)

And you might recognise the plot bunny - since I had listed it on my blog. It's the crazy idea of Grimmjow from Bleach ending up in the Naruto world and somehow sticking to Team 7's lives. A very crack-ish premise especially if you know how Grimmjow is- bloodthirsty, slightly unhinged and callously violent.

You're bound to think, nothing good can come from that situation. And you might be right.

I chose it simply for the fact that nothing like that had been done before (for good reason probably), as far as I know, so I had to think about the plot. I did some of my research (if you call re-reading manga, research) and hammered out a rough outline of what should happen in the story.

The aim is to have a complete story of 15-16 chapters written and edited in a month. That means a new chapter every alternate day and the final chapter on Nov 30th.


I'm not very optimistic with my punctuality as usual, but I'm still hoping for the best.

Polar
P.S. Are you guys keeping up with the Naruto manga? You really have to give Kishimoto credit- he's really good at screwing with your head. Even the fic plot bunnies his recent chapters spawn are just... beyond crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment