02 November 2011

Day 1 and 2 apparently.

So it's actually the wee early hours of November 2nd and I've finally put up my first chapter. A bit irritated that I couldn't put it up on the 1st since I did write my 3000 yesterday. Unfortunately I underestimated my need to edit- it took me more than ages to edit things ( mostly because TV distracted me and I feel asleep).

But it's up- and omg did you see? 3000+words in one day, that's such a huge thing for me. Obviously if I edited it seriously, it'd probably be cut down a lot- maybe half the words?

I think the thing that really helped me write so much was "WriteMonkey"- a software that keeps you focused on writing. It blocks out your computer distractions with a dull typewriter-esque screen. My favorite feature is that timer- somehow I felt motivated to write until the timer read zero.

As for the editing, two cups of tea really helped because my writing was seriously horrible. At least now it's only terrible.

Polar

2 comments:

  1. Silent ReaderNovember 04, 2011

    WAO! I've never participated in NaNoWriMo, I found out about it from your blog posts last year actually :) , but it sounds reeaally tough.

     It seems if you could put up a chapter without editing it like crazy, maybe it'll help put up actual chapters later, like the HPXFairy Tail crossover you're working on(again).

    3000+ words is really really amazing though, so good luck and may the Force (of writing) be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for the support.

    Yeah, putting things up without super-editing could be a positive thing. But then I sort of look at my writing and cringe a lot. Everything seems so amatuerish when I don't take the time to edit. I have a feeling this whole NaNoWriMo story is going to be horrid to deal with when it's time for editing- maybe I'll just find a patient beta-reader or something.

    Hmmm, as for the dreaded HPxFairy Tail story- the one-shot that never seems to end. I really want to finish it and put it online- I've written too much for it to just stay stuck on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete