02 December 2016

AC_D2: Scraps from AtO 15

For today's post I thought I'd post some rough/un-edited bits of chapter 15 that I cut out while revising- stuff that just didn't fit in anymore.

1. A conversation between Naruto and Harry
"Are you still complaining about Jiraiya'ss food choices?" Harry asked in amusement.

"Everyday for two years, nii-san. Two years!"

"Couldn't have been everyday if he visited the brothels as often as you said he did," Harry said.

"Nii-san, whose side are you on?"

"The most amusing side," Harry replied primly.

Naruto groaned. "Those two free-loaders have corrupted you."

"They're not free-loaders."

"But they have corrupted you!"

"Corrupted me with what, exactly?" Harry asked, his lip twitching upwards.

"With ridiculous one-liners," Naruto said. "They've taken away all your super niceness."

"But you were the one who kept telling me to be less nice."

"To other people, not to me!" Naruto huffed in indignation. "You're supposed to be nice to me forever!"

Harry rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Even when you make fun of my hair?"

"Especially then," Naruto said.

"And when you make me eat too much ramen?" Harry asked.

"Even then," Naruot nodded sagely.

2. Some random hostility between Izumo and Genma
"Genma," Izumo greeted with narrowed eyes. "Are you supposed to be at the bar like usual?"

Genma smiled easily. "just wanted to drop off some items that I wanted to get fixed."

"You told us that you didn't have anything that needed to be fixed."

"That was then, this is now," Genma said as he raised the box in his hands higher.

"Fine. Give it here," Izumo held out his hands.

"Hey, I can't just give my stuff like that. I need to be careful with it."

"Why do you need to be cared with broken things?" Izumo said blandly.

"It has sentimental value," Genma replied smoothly.

Izumo's eyes narrowed into a vicious glare. "When did you have any sentimental..."

3. Some Shikaku and Harry conversation
“You're not going to sacrifice me or something, are you?” Harry asked.

Shikaku gave him a look.

Harry shrugged. “Needed to check.”

“What if I was?”

“I'd wish you good luck and be as far away from Konoha as possible.”

4. A more friendly Konohamaru
"You realized there was something going on pretty fast, onii-sama," Konohamaru said with wide eyes. "What tipped you off?" 
 
"Shikamaru," Harry said. When both boys beside him looked at him with confusion, he added. "He was smoking. And he doesn't seem like the type to just randomly socialize on a busy street."

Konohamru looked up with wide and appreciative eyes. "You're really good, Onii-sama!"

Puzzled at the worshipping tone, Harry blinked awkwardly. "Right."

"Can you teach me?"

"Teach you?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Your politics reading skills," Konohamaru asked with sincere eyes. "I'll need that when I become Hokage!"

Naruto huffed. "You're going to have to wait. If anything, nii-san needs to teach me first because I'm going to be Hokage first. And I'm his cousin."

"I asked him first," Konohamaru huffed angrily. "You can't just steal my ideas, especially since we are rivals for becoming Hokage."
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 

As you can see, there's a reason I need to do a lot of editing with my drafts. 

Polar
 

No comments:

Post a Comment