13 December 2014

AC_D13: Scholarly Resource

How has your weekend been so far?

Mine has been cold and full of reading, so I thought I'd carry that on to my blog post. The reading bit at least.

In the past few years, I've found that scholarly articles and books have become my biggest research asset. Not only do they teach me new things about specific cultures but they also help me think of new story ideas.

And more importantly, they provide all the in-depth information I need in one place (book/article) without making me go through tons of goggle search results. 

Right now, I use e-Duke Books. You can find a whole bunch of books and journal articles about a variety of subjects on here. I tend to gravitate towards the history section even though I started out in the Asian Studies section (trying to get some AtO world building ideas). But there's so much more available.

If you've got the time, give it a go and let me know which section pulls you in.
Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment