21 December 2014

AC_D21: Crossover Senju Romance

But not really romance right now.

This is a continuation of this post. So there are some common points between the story bits because I did write them within minutes of each other.

Warnings: Plotholes. And still not really romance. The only connection to AtO is that Harry is an Uzumaki.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Tsunade
"Grandma." Tsuande kicked off her sandals and rushed in through the open door. "I'm back and..." she paused as she entered the living room and found her grandmother seated opposite a guest- a pale, black-haired youth with bright green eyes who seemed a few years older than her.

"Tsunade-chan, welcome back. How was your mission?"

"It was good," Tsuande said even though it wasn't. She wasn't going to talk about the end of mission. Especially not in front of a guest.

"I'm glad. You're just in time to meet my cousin who's come here from Uzushiogakure for a visit."

Tsunade started and took a closer look at the guest. It had been a long time since any Uzumaki had come to visit Konoha. There certainly hadn't been any visits in the fifteen years since she'd been born.


"A pleasure to meet you," Tsunade said, using a formal bow that her grandmother had taught her years ago as she caught sight of the china being used. Painted with elaborate red waves, the china-ware had been part of grandmother's wedding trousseau and was worth a mansion or two. For it to be used, meant that the guest was directly related to the clan head in some way. "Uzumaki-sama."

Mito smiled at Tsunade, approving her greeting.

Tsunade felt a surge or pride at the approval but also felt self-conscious of the post-mission dust and grime that clung to her.

"There's no need for such formality," the man said, his gentle voice carrying an unusual accent that she couldn't place. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well."

Tsunade couldn't help but relax at the sincerity in his voice.

"Come join us, Tsunade. I was just telling Harii about your interest in the healing arts."

A surge of embarrassment replaced all the calm she had obtained. No one cared for her healing abilities. She couldn't mass heal like her grandfather. Her bastardized attempts of his skills were slow and clunky and took all of her concentration. She couldn't even close a scratch.

"It sounds like you're creating some new healing techniques," Harii said, sounding genuinely impressed and interested unlike everyone else. Her grandmother's indulgent approval didn't count. Even Sarutobi-sensei had seemed confused and unsure about her obsession with healing instead of refining her poison mastery.

"I'm just experimenting," Tsunade said.

"That's better than nothing. If you come up with new techniques and teach them to other people... well, things would be much better for everyone on and off the battlefield."

Stunned to hear someone say her thoughts and wishes out loud, Tsunade said, "Even though I spend so much time poring over notes, I can't make anything work for me. I don't think I ever will."

Harii blinked. "Maybe you just need to see some healing techniques first hand then."

Tsunade snorted. "None of the medics here will let me see their techniques. Not unless I quit being a shinobi and become a full time apprentice under one of them."

"I can heal a bit. My method doesn't use chakra, so I don't know how useful it will be to you," Harii said. "But I'll show you if you want."

Tsunade gaped. "You would?"

"Of course," Harii said. "I'd be honoured to help you."

Tsunade grabbed his hand and pulled him up. "The training field in the back will be empty so..."

Mito interrupted with a cough and smiled. "Maybe you can drag him out after we have lunch, Tsunade-chan."
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I'll definitely be adding to this and the Tobirama bit later on. Mostly because all these extra bits and pieces that I write out are helping me with AtO world building even though they're not very related to AtO.

And they're fun to work on.

Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment