01 December 2014

Advent Calendar: Day 1

My plans for October updates failed miserably. And November... ugh, the only thing I got was dark undereye circles from lack of sleep. I'm glad it's December- maybe now I can catch up on a bit of sleep in between Christmas prep.

As you can see from the blog post title, I've decided to do an advent calender for my blog.Which means a blog post every day (hopefully) until the 24th. The posts will be a mix of things- recommendations, fanfic bits, etc.

I don't have a concrete plan on what I'll put up, but I'll try to keep things interesting. Feel free to leave some suggestions or requests for upcoming Advent Calender days if you have any- and I'll see what I can do.

For the first day, I'm going to start off with giving you some interesting links.

1. Katsura Hoshino's Instragram
This instragram rec is specifically for any D.Gray-man fans who haven't already found out about it. It belongs to the mangaka of D.Gray-man and she posts quite a bit of art on there. Since she seems quite active, I hope she's doing much better health-wise. And I also hope that there will be a new chapter in the upcoming months.

2. Ask Danzo 
I found this gem when I researching some plot ideas and I'm so glad that I did.
I wish there was more content on the blog, but every single post on there at the moment makes me smile. Also, dare I say it, the blog makes Danzo kinda likeable.

3. Artist: Olggah
Has some fantastic fanart of Naruto. My favourites are Shikaku and Kaguya. Shikaku's expression in the picture makes me think of all sorts of AtO scenes where he's just heard about Harry's latest shenanigans meeting with the elders. 

4. FFnet to ePub convertor
This was recommended to me and it has been quite handy in reading some of the larger multi-chapters fanfiction on ffnet. As the name says, it converts a fanfiction from ffnet to an ePub for easy reading offline.

5. Wordcount from AtO15 first draft: 12,705
As a first draft, this is nowhere near ready to be published online. And the wordcount will go down with each edit. But I thought I should reassure you that I haven't forgotten about AtO. Even though I'm concentrating on updates for other stories, I still work on AtO when I can.

That's enough for day 1, I think. I'll see you here tomorrow.
Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment